This smoked salmon and vegetable frittata is a nutritious and delicious breakfast and brunch recipe. Ready to eat in 45 minutes, you can prepare this protein-packed frittata ahead of time for your next brunch at home!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz smoked salmon slices, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10.5″ x 7.5″ ceramic baking dish with spray oil.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cherry tomatoes to the heated pan. Season with a generous pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions and tomatoes for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft and their juices are released. Set the cooked veggies aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium-large mixing bowl. Whisk them up a little, then add the Greek yogurt and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture until smooth and well combined. It’s ok if there are a few small lumps of Greek yogurt.
- Add the cooked vegetables, smoked salmon pieces, goat cheese, and dill to the egg mixture. Gently stir everything together to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven on a middle rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Frittata will be finished cooking when the edges are golden brown and the center is lightly firm and bounces back to the touch.
- Let frittata sit for about 5 minutes to settle, then cut into 6 slices and serve.
Can I prepare frittata in advance?
Absolutely! Frittatas are great for meal prep since they reheat well. You can prepare this frittata in advance and store it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until warmed through. You can also reheat individual frittata slices in the microwave for 45 seconds or so.
Keywords: smoked salmon frittata, salmon frittata, brunch frittata recipe