This healthy homemade honey nut granola recipe is the best healthy breakfast or snack. It’s easy to make and full with nutritious good-for-you ingredients like old fashioned rolled oats, almonds and cashews, and lightly sweetened with honey (vegan option included below). Make a batch now to last for the whole week!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey (use 1/2 cup maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cashews, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Stir together to incorporate everything evenly.
- Add the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix everything up so all the dry ingredients are evenly coated by the wet ingredients.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to spread it out into an even layer, pushing down lightly.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes until top layer is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Then, use your hands to gently break up the granola into large clusters.
How long does homemade granola last?
You can keep honey nut granola and most homemade granolas in an airtight container for up to two weeks at room temperature. If you keep it in your fridge, it should last longer – about 3 weeks to a month.
I prefer to store this granola in a wide and shallow rectangular container, because I find it keeps the clusters together better than a tall and narrow container.
Keywords: honey nut granola, gluten free granola, homemade granola, simple granola recipe, healthy homemade granola recipe