Looking for a high protein breakfast recipe that isn’t eggs or a protein shake? Try these high protein overnight oats! Each serving packs 22 grams of protein with NO protein powder. The protein comes from whole food ingredients including Greek yogurt, milk, chia seeds, and oats. This simple and healthy overnight oats recipe takes 5 minutes to prep and is the perfect base for all your favorite toppings.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt – any fat content works
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh fruit of choice, for topping
- In a medium sized tupperware or jar, combine the dry ingredients: oats, and cinnamon, and chia seeds. Mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry: Greek yogurt, milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
- Thoroughly mix everything together.
- Cover the tupperware and pop it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, give the overnight oats a good stir and portion into two bowls for serving.
- Top with fresh fruit.
How long do overnight oats last?
Once prepared, overnight oats will last in the fridge for up to five days. They will become a bit mushier after a few days, as the oats continue to soak up the liquid.
This makes overnight oats a great option for weekly meal prepping!
Keywords: high protein overnight oats without protein powder, high protein overnight oats recipe, high protein overnight oats recipes, are overnight oats healthy, are overnight oats healthier than cooked oats