My lemon-blueberry cottage cheese pancakes are a great healthy option for breakfast. Made with old fashioned rolled oats and eggs, they’re packed full of protein and nutrients. Following my recipe tutorial, they’re easy and quick to make, too—the blended pancake batter takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for serving
- Butter or oil, for cooking
- Add all the pancake ingredients, except the blueberries, to a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds, until pancake batter is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Heat a little butter or oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out pancakes onto the heated pan. Place 5-6 blueberries on each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes until the top begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip, then cook for another 1-3 minutes. You’ll likely need to cook pancakes in 3-4 batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- Serve right away with more fresh blueberries and maple syrup, plus whatever else you desire!
Makes 12 4 inch pancakes.
Keeps well in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, and reheat in the microwave.
Keywords: cottage cheese pancakes, pancakes with cottage cheese, lemon blueberry pancakes, high protein pancakes, protein pancakes