You’ll want to put this healthy chimichurri sauce on everything! It’s packed with fresh herb flavor and super easy to make. It comes together in just about 10 minutes, so make some tonight to have for the week.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add all the ingredients, except the olive oil, to a food processor.
- Blend for about 30 seconds, until everything is well chopped but still textural. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice to ensure everything is evenly chopped.
- Add the olive oil to the food processor.
- Pulse 3-5 times to combine the olive oil with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to a jar or small bowl and serve.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can make this chimichurri by hand by finely chopping/mincing the herbs, onion, and garlic. Add the other ingredients and stir to combine.
Store in the fridge for up to one week in a jar.
Keywords: healthy chimichurri sauce, chimichurri sauce, healthy homemade sauces, vegan, gluten free