This healthy almond joy baked oatmeal is vegan, gluten free, easy to make, and downright delicious. Filled with nutritious ingredients, it’s a perfect make ahead breakfast option.
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7×10 ceramic baking dish with oil to grease.
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl to form a gel like consistency.
- Add the maple syrup, mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and coconut to the mixing bowl. Stir everything up.
- Fold in the toasted almonds and chocolate chips. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until just set and a fork comes out clean.
- Let the baked oatmeal cool for 10 minutes, then use a knife to cut into 6 squares.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Can be enjoyed warm or cold, and reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
Keywords: healthy baked oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, almond joy baked oatmeal