White balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious and versatile healthy homemade salad dressing. It’s made with pantry staples including extra virgin olive oil, honey, and Dijon mustard, and will take you 5 minutes or less to prepare! Keep a batch in the fridge to dress up salads, roasted vegetables, or as a marinade for proteins.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp shallot, minced
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a small whisk or fork to vigorously whisk the vinaigrette in a side-to-side zig-zag motion. Continue whisking until dressing is emulsified (when the oil and vinegar are cohesive and not separating from each other).
- Pour into a jar for storage.
Storing homemade vinaigrette
Since homemade salad dressing does not contain preservatives, you should use it within 2 weeks of preparing.
Store white balsamic vinaigrette in a glass jar in the fridge. Since it is made with olive oil, it might harden up a bit when cold. If this happens, run warm water over the jar, or let the jar sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
Keywords: white balsamic vinaigrette, white balsamic salad dressing, healthy homemade salad dressing, healthy salad dressing