This apple cinnamon coffee cake is a better-for-you autumn treat! It’s gluten free, lower in sugar, and sure to please everyone.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek style yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Yes! Apples Mac apples, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest until well combined with no lumps.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix together.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Layer apple slices evenly over the cake batter.
- Use a fork to mash together all the streusel topping ingredients in a bowl. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Use your hands to sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the apple slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until cake is not jiggy when moved, and a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Edges will be nicely browned to a deep caramel color.
- Let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: apple cinnamon coffee cake, healthy coffee cake, apple cinnamon, gluten free baking, gluten free, almond flour