This carrot ginger soup is full of anti-inflammatory ingredients. It’s creamy, spicy, and comforting for a cold winter day, especially if you’re feeling a little under the weather.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lb carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh cilantro, parsley, and crushed red pepper for garnish (optional)
- Heat avocado oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and shallot, plus a generous shake of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, continue to stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots and vegetable broth, plus more salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes, until carrots are fork tender.
- Transfer soup to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds until smooth and very creamy. You may need to do this in batches.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Make sure your blender can blend hot liquids before using.
- You can use an immersion blender as an alternative.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: carrot ginger soup, vegan, gluten free