This restaurant worthy halloumi salad is packed with simple ingredients and delicious flavor.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 6 ¼ inch slices of halloumi cheese, from one block,
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss zucchini, cherry tomatoes and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until browned, flipping vegetables halfway through cooking.
- Prepare pearl couscous according to package instructions.
- Assemble salad plates before pan frying halloumi – evenly divide baby spinach, couscous and roasted vegetables amongst two plates.
- Pat dry each slice of halloumi with a clean tea towel.
- Pan fry halloumi with the remaining ½ tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook each side about 2-3 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Top each salad plate with 3 slices of halloumi. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: halloumi couscous salad, halloumi salad, pan fried halloumi cheese