This Greek yogurt marinated salmon is juicy and flavorful. This recipe is ready in under an hour – including marinating time! Bake the salmon in the oven or throw it on the grill.
Greek yogurt marinade
- 3/4 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 navel orange, juiced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 1 3/4 lb salmon filet, cut into 4 equal sized pieces
- Prepare the marinade: add Greek yogurt, orange juice, grated ginger, grated garlic, cilantro, olive oil, and Ras el Hanout to a small mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Place the salmon filets in a large baggie. Pour in the marinade and seal the bag, pushing out excess air.
- Use your hands to move the marinade around so it coats all the salmon pieces.
- Place the baggie in your fridge flat on a shelf. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon filets on the baking sheet, leaving a few inches of space between each piece.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then turn the oven on high broil.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, so the tops and edges begin to brown.
- Garnish with more chopped cilantro and enjoy!
You could also grill this marinated salmon instead of baking it. Spray some oil on grill grates, and heat grill to medium-high heat. Place the salmon, skin side up, on the grill. Close the grill, and let the salmon cook for 6-8 minutes. Flip and let the salmon cook for another 6-8 minutes.
Salmon will be finished cooking when the flesh is opaque, and a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the fish.
Keywords: greek yogurt marinated salmon, best salmon marinade, quick salmon marinade, yogurt marinade