This plum crisp recipe is one of the best fresh fruit desserts for summer, while plums are in season! Juicy plums are sliced and topped with a buttery oat crisp that gets perfectly crunchy when baked. Everyone will love this easy plum crisp, especially served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 ripe plums, pits removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature, cut into small squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the sliced plums in a 10.5 x 7.5 inch or 8 x 8 inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Add the granulated sugar and toss them up with your hands so the plums are coated in sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and vanilla extract. Use a mixing spoon to mix it all up, breaking up any clumps of brown sugar.
- Add the butter. Use your hands to knead the butter into the dry ingredients, until small clumps form.
- Pour the topping on the plums in the baking dish. Spread it out into an even layer.
- Bake the crisp for 30-35 minutes. The topping will be nicely golden brown, and the plum juices will be bubbling up from the edges and plums will be fork tender.
- Best served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Can I make plum crisp in advance?
Yes! This dessert can be prepared a day in advance. Reheat it whole in the oven set to 300 degrees for 20 minutes, or until warmed through. You can reheat individual portions in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
Keywords: plum crisp, plum crumble with oats, fresh fruit summer dessert