Five Ingredient Sweet Potato Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
You just need five ingredients to make these incredibly fudgy sweet potato brownies! Everyone will love this healthy, chocolately treat.
- Author: Alex Aldeborgh
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: dessert
- 1 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato (about one large sweet potato or two medium)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 heaping cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 420F. Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork, then roast for ~1 hour until fork tender. Let it sit until cool enough to handle. Then peel off the skin to scoop out the roasted flesh.
- Reheat the oven to 375F when ready to bake the brownies. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potato flesh in a food processor. Blend until pureed and very smooth.
- Add all other ingredients, besides chocolate chips, to the food processor. Blend until everything is super smooth and well combined. You may need to scrape down the edges a few times.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out relatively clean.
- Let cool, then slice into 16 squares.
- Tip: roast the sweet potato the night before making, so it’s cool and ready to use when you bake the brownies.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, sweet potato brownies