This vegan farro salad recipe is full of fresh spring flavor! Ready in about 30 minutes, this recipe is perfect for meal prep because you can enjoy it warm or cold.
- 1 3/4 cup pearled farro
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups radishes, cleaned, trimmed, and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook farro according to package instructions – see notes for details on how to cook farro.
- Spread out the asparagus, radishes, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables around to coat them in oil.
- Add the cut lemon to the baking tray, cut side down, then roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove the lemon and set it aside to cool. Once it is cool enough to handle, squeeze it into a small bowl or jar. Add in all of the lemon dressing ingredients – olive oil, Dijon mustard, Kosher salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients until it is cohesive.
- Put the cooked farro, roasted vegetables, parsley, dill, and white beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over everything and toss it all up to combine. Add more salt to taste and serve it up.
This is the easiest way to cook farro:
- Combine 1 cup of farro with 2 cups of water in a pot. Add a generous pinch of salt.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook farro for about 15 minutes until grains are tender and chewy for pearled farro, about 25 minutes for semi-pearled farro, and about 40 minutes for whole farro.
- Drain any excess water from the pot and fluff farro with a fork.
- Season however you please and add to your recipe.
Keywords: farro salad, farro recipe, vegan farro salad