This farro salad is the most delicious easy and healthy grain salad! It’s filled with roasted vegetables, creamy goat cheese, and crunchy walnuts, and is perfect for meal prep.
- 1 cup farro
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, and chopped
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 ear corn
- 1 can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add farro, reduce to simmer, and cook for 25-30 minutes until desired consistency is reached. Drain excess water.
- While farro cooks, roast the vegetables. Toss cherry tomatoes, garlic, and asparagus with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20 minutes, until tomatoes are burst and wrinkly.
- Toss cooked farro, roasted vegetables, chickpeas, and basil together in a large bowl with lemon zest, lemon juice, and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and walnuts.
- Serve warm or cold – it tastes delicious either way!
- Farro does not expand as much as other grains like rice, so if you sub another grain, reduce the dry measurement to 1/2 or 2/3 cup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: farro salad, roasted vegetables, grain salad