This fall kale salad embodies the season in one delicious bowl! It’s filled with roasted butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and apples, and is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large SweeTango apple, diced
- 8 cups curly kale, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
Balsamic honey mustard dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 415F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss butternut squash in 1 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cinnamon. Spread out on one of the baking sheets.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in the remaining olive oil, plus a generous shake of salt and pepper. Place on the other baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes until fork tender and beginning to brown.
- Toast the pepitas. Heat a small skillet over medium heat on the stovetop and add pepitas. Toast for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Pepitas will be done when they begin to turn brown.
- Prepare the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add kale, roasted vegetables, apples, toasted pepitas, dried cranberries, and goat cheese to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss well to combine everything and coat all the ingredients in the dressing.
Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: gluten free, fall kale salad