Fall Farro Salad with Butternut Squash, Kale, Pomegranate, and Goat Cheese
This fall farro salad would make a perfect vegetarian addition to your Thanksgiving table this year. It’s packed with delicious fall ingredients, and everyone will love it!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: serves 6-8 as a side 1x
- Category: side dish
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups dry pearled farro
- 4 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut squash in the olive oil, cinnamon, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until fork tender and beginning to caramelize.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the farro according to package instructions.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, plus a shake of salt and pepper, in a jar. Shake very well to combine.
- Once the butternut squash and farro are finished cooking, place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over everything and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge to enjoy later.
Keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
Keywords: fall farro salad, farro salad