This vegetarian taco salad is a delicious & healthy salad for lunch or dinner. It’s packed with filling, nutritious foods including black beans, avocado, and tomatoes, and features a creamy homemade taco salad dressing. This recipe utilizes both fresh and canned ingredients, so it’s quick to prepare – ready to eat in 15 minutes!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup medium canned salsa
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans (from a can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn (from a can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup premade pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 7–8 tortilla chips, crunched up
- 1 oz crumbled cotija cheese or Mexican cheese blend: OPTIONAL
- Prepare the taco salad dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a small blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside as you prepare the taco salad.
- Assemble the taco salad in a mixing bowl: chopped lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, and crunched tortilla chips.
- Add a few tablespoons of taco salad dressing.
- Toss the salad together until everything is coated in the dressing.
- Serve right away.
Can I prepare this taco salad in advance?
You can prepare this salad up to one day in advance. Store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge, without the dressing and tortilla chips. Add the dressing and tortilla chips right before eating to avoid anything getting soggy.
If you’re using this recipe as a side salad, it would be excellent paired with other Mexican-inspired recipes. Think chips and guacamole, vegetarian enchiladas, cauliflower tacos, or homemade crunchwrap supremes!
Keywords: vegetarian taco salad, meatless taco salad, veggie taco salad, black bean taco salad, taco salad dressing