Start your day off right by preparing blueberry pie overnight oats the night before! This easy overnight oats recipe is packed with protein, dietary fiber, and antioxidants. It features healthy ingredients like old fashioned rolled oats, frozen blueberries, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds, and is lightly sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. 10 minutes of prep time makes a healthy breakfast that serves two.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Heat a small skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Add the frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries have softened and released their juices – about five minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, pinch of salt, and shredded coconut.
- To the same bowl, add the soy milk, plain Greek yogurt, and the remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- Stir very well to mix together.
- Pour the cooked blueberries and their juices over the oat mixture.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- The next morning when ready to serve, stir everything together to mix the blueberries into the oats.
- Portion into 2 bowls and enjoy!
How long do overnight oats last in the fridge?
Once prepared, overnight oats stay fresh for up to five days in the fridge. Store overnight oats in a covered bowl, tupperware container, or glass jar with a lid.
Note that the longer overnight oats sit, the softer they will become. The oats continue to absorb more and more liquid, which breaks down the grains into a softer texture.
Best oats for overnight oats
The best type of oats to use to make overnight oats are old fashioned rolled oats because they provide the best texture. Quick oats or instant oats are too mushy, and steel cut oats do not absorb enough liquid.
Keywords: blueberry pie overnight oats, overnight oats with blueberries, blueberry overnight oats, healthy overnight oats, protein packed overnight oats