Made with cheddar and parmesan cheeses, this baked pumpkin mac and cheese recipe is sure to please everyone! The ultra creamy sauce is made in a blender, so it’s easy to make for a weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz rotini pasta (or other mac and cheese pasta shape)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup + 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta to an al dente texture according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the pumpkin cheese sauce: add the canned pumpkin, almond milk, vegetable broth, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, rosemary, paprika, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice to a high powered blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy and no chunks of any ingredients remain.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to a mixing bowl. Pour the pumpkin cheese sauce over the pasta and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to an 8×11 baking dish and spread it all out into an even layer.
- Mix together the remaining 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and olive oil. Sprinkle the mixture over the pasta.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Breadcrumbs should be turning golden brown, and the edges of the pasta bake beginning to brown.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: pumpkin baked mac and cheese, vegetarian