Curry Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins and Parsley
Cauliflower has definitely become the most loved vegetable of our generation. We’re adding it to smoothies and turning it into rice and pizza crust. I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t have 8 bags of Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi stashed away in my freezer. As a dietitian, this hardcore vegetable love makes me VERY happy! You guys know I’m a huge proponent of a plant-based diet, so the more veggies, the better!
Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family. Other members of this squad include broccoli, kale, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Cruciferous veggies are loaded with nutrients including vitamin C, folate and vitamin K. In fact, one cup of cauliflower has the same amount of vitamin C as an orange! Folate is an especially important nutrient for prenatal and pregnancy nutrition, as adequate amounts are protective against neural tube defects in babies.
While I absolutely love all the creative ways cauliflower is finding its way onto our plates, I also love cooking it straight up and letting it shine just as nature intended! I often include a big pan of simply seasoned roasted cauliflower for meal prep. I recently was asked to bring some vegetables as a side dish to a holiday party, and I wanted to bring a dish that was a little more “dressed up”. I had just gotten some great curry powder, so decided to use that for flavor inspiration. I landed on this curry turmeric cauliflower and added in golden raisins and parsley to round out the dish. I think it’s a great dish for fall and winter, because it’s full of warming spices. It would be perfect for Thanksgiving!
Curry Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins and Parsley (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated on microplane
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup golden raisins (optional: soak raisins in hot water while cauliflower cooks to make them more plump and softer)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets on large baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil, and toss with ginger, garlic, lemon zest, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes until fork tender and nicely browned.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with raisins and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try! Tag @daisybeet on Instagram so I can see your creations 🙂
Save this recipe for later on one of your Pinterest boards