The perfect vegan game day snack, everyone will love this crispy buffalo tofu! Serve with your favorite creamy dip and get snacking.
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- Your favorite creamy dressing for dipping
- Remove packaging and drain excess water from tofu. Wrap tofu in a clean tea towel and press between two plates. Add a heavy cast iron skillet, some canned food, or a few cookbooks for extra weight. Press for 30 minutes or more.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the tofu into large chunks, about 1.5 inches long.
- Set up a breading station using three shallow bowls. In one bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. In the next bowl, add almond milk. In the third bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs and half of the olive oil together.
- For each piece of tofu, coat lightly in the flour mixture, then dip into the almond milk, and finally dip into the panko mixture to evenly coat each side. Place tofu pieces evenly spaced apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix together the buffalo sauce and remaining 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl.
- Dip each piece of tofu into buffalo sauce. Serve right away to ensure tofu stays crispy.
Best served immediately so the tofu stays crispy. If you need to reheat, do so in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes to maintain crispy texture.
Keywords: buffalo tofu, vegan