These air fried artichoke hearts are crispy and super flavorful. You need just a few ingredients, including canned artichoke hearts, thyme, and parmesan cheese to make this simple side dish or savory snack. Ready in 20 minutes or less!
- 2 cans of whole artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Leaves from 4–5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts from the cans. Use a clean tea towel to dry them off gently.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half. Pat the insides dry with the tea towel.
- Place cut artichoke hearts in a mixing bowl. Add the parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Gently toss the artichoke hearts with your hands.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts in a single layer in your air fryer tray or basket. Do not overlap – you can cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry at 325 degrees F for 13-15 minutes. The artichoke hearts will be done when edges are deep golden brown and crispy.
Can I make crispy artichoke hearts in the oven?
You can try baking the artichoke hearts in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. I have not tried this myself, but I recommend baking on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 400 degrees on a convection setting. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Can I prepare these air fried artichoke hearts in advance?
Air fried artichoke hearts are best eaten right after they are prepared, but you can certainly store them for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat them in your air fryer set to a low heat (around 300 degrees F) for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed all the way through.
Keywords: air fryer artichoke hearts, artichoke hearts nutrition, how to prepare canned artichoke hearts