Love the idea of eating protein-packed cottage cheese, but don’t love the texture? Try whipped cottage cheese! By whipping cottage cheese in a food processor, it becomes smooth, creamy, airy, and light. Enjoy on its own or spread on toast, with fruit, or as a healthy dip. All you need is a container of cottage cheese and 2 minutes of time to make this super simple & healthy snack or breakfast idea.
- 16 oz cottage cheese – preferably low fat of full fat cottage cheese
- Add the cottage cheese to a food processor fitted with an S-blade.
- Blend the cottage cheese for 1-2 minutes until it is smooth, creamy, and light. You may need to scrape down the bowl of the food processor once or twice.
Store whipped cottage cheese in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last as long as regular cottage cheese, so check the expiration date on the original packaging before tossing it.
If any separation occurs with storage, just give it a good stir before using.
What to do with whipped cottage cheese
This is such a versatile recipe! You can use whipped cottage cheese in so many different delicious ways. Here are some ideas:
- As a base for a creamy dip. It would be a perfect swap for Greek yogurt in this Greek yogurt ranch dip, Greek yogurt dill dip, or avocado Greek yogurt dip.
- Spread on toast and topped with tomatoes, avocado, fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey, etc.
- Make a cottage cheese breakfast bowl – you can go sweet or savory here!
- Use it as a swap for ricotta cheese in baked ziti or lasagna.
- As a spread on sandwiches
- Folded into scrambled eggs for a bigger protein boost
Keywords: whipped cottage cheese, cottage cheese whipped, how to make whipped cottage cheese, what to do with whipped cottage cheese