Mix up your morning oatmeal with quinoa! This coconut quinoa porridge is a delicious, healthy, and filling breakfast idea. It’s filled with plant-based nutrition and warming flavors.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Toppings of choice: I used pomegranate, apples, blueberries, and walnuts
- Add quinoa, coconut milk, and water to a medium saucepan. Stir in salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, lemon zest, and grated ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Portion quinoa into bowls, and add your toppings!
- Can be prepared ahead of time and reheated when ready to eat. Just add a little splash of milk or water and microwave for 1-2 minutes to warm it up.
Keywords: coconut quinoa porridge, vegan, gluten free