This 30-minute homemade granola recipe is packed full of chai spice flavor, nutritious old fashioned rolled oats, slivered almonds, chopped Medjool dates, and shredded coconut! Recipe is vegan and gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, spices, and salt. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread granola into one even layer on the baking sheet.
- Baked for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until edges start to brown and granola is an overall golden brown shade.
- Let granola cool to room temperature, then use your hands to break it into large clusters.
- Toss with chopped dates.
Can you prepare homemade granola in advance?
Yes! Homemade granola keeps well for 2-3 weeks. You can store it at room temperature, or keep it in an airtight container in the fridge to keep it fresh for even longer.
Can you freeze granola? If you’d like to keep your granola for even longer, you can freeze it for up to three months. To freeze granola, put it into an airtight, freezer-safe container or baggie and let out as much air as possible. Pop it in the freezer until you need it next. You can eat it right from frozen, or let it come down to room temperature if you prefer.
Keywords: chai spiced granola, healthy homemade granola, vegan granola recipe, gluten free granola recipe, granola with old fashioned oats, old fashioned oats