This citrus, beet, and burrata salad is the perfect easy salad recipe to showcase winter produce this season. It’s packed with nutrients like antioxidants, vitamin C, and folate. Serve this as a tasty side dish with your holiday meal, or with any weeknight dinner!
- 3 large beets
- 3 large oranges
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts or toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 large ball or 2 medium balls of burrata cheese
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Wrap each beet individually in tin foil with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the wrapped beets in a baking dish. Roast for 45 minutes – 1 hour until beets are fork tender. Let them cool enough to be handled, and use the tin foil to rub off the beet skins.
- Slice the beets into large chunks.
- Slice the oranges into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Cut off the outer peel and white pith of each orange round, leaving the slice whole and in a hexagonal shape.
- Arrange the sliced beets and oranges together on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle on the parsley and walnuts.
- Use your hands to gently break up the burrata into chunks. Place the burrata chunks on top of the beets and oranges.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over everything.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, shallot, honey, and Dijon mustard until well combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Serve immediately.
You can also use pre-cooked beets to make this recipe faster.
Keywords: citrus, beet, and burrata salad, vegetarian, gluten free