This healthy, homemade cinnamon granola is amazingly crunchy, and packed full of good-for-ingredients like old fashioned rolled oats, brown rice crisp cereal, cashew nuts, and more. Enjoy all the flavors of cinnamon toast crunch, without any of the extra refined sugar. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten free)
- 1/2 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, brown rice crisp cereal, cashews, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together so everything is well combined.
- Spread granola into a single even layer on the prepared baking sheet, pressing down with your hands so it all sticks together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Do not stir while it bakes!
- Let granola cool completely, then use your hands to break into large clusters.
How long does homemade granola last?
Homemade granola will last two to three weeks when left in an airtight container at room temperature. You can keep it for about a month when stored in an airtight container in the fridge!
Can you freeze granola?
Yes! You can extend the life of homemade granola by freezing it. Put completely cooled granola in a freezer-safe container, like a silicone baggie, and fill it up as much as possible to minimize the amount of air stored. Freeze for up to three months.
Keywords: cinnamon toast crunch granola, homemade granola, homemade gluten free granola, homemade vegan granola, cinnamon crunch granola