Cinnamon Toast Crunch Granola (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This cinnamon toast crunch granola is reminiscent of my favorite childhood cereal. It’s loaded with sweet cinnamon flavor and good-for-you ingredients.
Did you used to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal when you were little? Or maybe you still eat it now! No judgement – I just made Ben a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake for his birthday and it was wayyy too good to even describe.
Making that cake and munching on Cinnamon Toast Crunch reminded me of happy childhood times. I still love cinnamon flavor, and decided I needed to make a cinnamon packed granola recipe.
See my step-by-step guide on how to make cinnamon toast crunch granola here!
Why you’ll love this cinnamon toast crunch granola
- Packed with cinnamon flavor. The star of this granola is one spice – cinnamon! It will make your home smell like Christmas morning as you bake it.
- Healthier than the breakfast cereal. This granola is much lower in sugar and higher in fiber than Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. It’s made with whole grains and has healthy fats from cashews.
- Tastes like a warm hug. Cinnamon is such a comforting and warming spice. You’ll feel as if you’re being wrapped in a hug when you take a bite of this granola.
How to make cinnamon toast crunch granola
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients, and mix to combine well.
- Press granola into a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, and let cool before breaking into clusters.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t mix the granola at all while it is baking. This way, you’ll end up with big clusters to eat.
- Use old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten free if needed). The texture of quick or steel cut oats is not ideal for granola recipes in general.
- Keep an eye on the granola during the last few minutes of baking. It can turn from golden brown to burnt pretty quickly.
More granola recipes to tryPrint
This cinnamon toast crunch granola is reminiscent of my favorite childhood cereal. It’s loaded with cinnamon flavor, but with good-for-you ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten free)
- 1/2 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, brown rice crisps, cashews, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together well.
- Spread granola into a single even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Let granola cool completely, then use your hands to break into large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container. Can be kept at room temperature.
Keywords: cinnamon toast crunch granola, healthy granola, vegan, gluten free