Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Chocolate for breakfast is always a good idea! Make this healthy chocolate strawberry oatmeal for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day, or any day!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 1 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 of a banana, mashed with a fork
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1–2 tbsp dark chocolate chunks
- Bring water to a boil in a small pan.
- Add oats and cinnamon. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once oatmeal is significantly thickened, stir in cacao powder and mashed banana. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fully thickened to desired consistency.
- Transfer oatmeal to a bowl, and add peanut butter, strawberries and dark chocolate. Enjoy immediately.
- Add different toppings if desired.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, oatmeal, chocolate strawberry oatmeal