Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten Free)
A healthy, easy, and filling breakfast that tastes like dessert! Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal will become your new favorite way to prepare oatmeal.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: serves 2 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1 3/4 cups water (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter, divided
- Optional: chocolate chips for topping
- Bring water or milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the oats and chia seeds, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook oats for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened up and all the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the mashed banana and cacao powder until well combined.
- Portion into two cereal bowls, and add a drizzle of peanut butter to each bowl of oatmeal.
- Stir to combine everything. Add chocolate chips, if using.
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal