This chimichurri salmon recipe is extremely flavorful, healthy, and easy to make. Put the chimichurri sauce on salmon and just about anything you serve with it!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- On a plate, squeeze lemon juice over the salmon pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a glass baking dish with parchment paper. Place salmon pieces in the baking dish, and bake for 10-15 minutes until salmon is opaque in the middle.
- While the salmon bakes, prepare chimichurri. Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor. Pulse 5-10 times to finely chop all the ingredients.
- Add the olive oil, and pulse a few more times to combine everything. You want the ingredients to be finely chopped but still textural.
- Spread a generous amount of chimichurri on each piece of salmon to serve. Add extra chimichurri to veggies, grains, etc.
When baking salmon, a general rule of thumb for timing is: 10 minutes for every inch the fish is thick. For example, if the fish is 1.5 inches thick, bake for 15 minutes.
Keywords: chimichurri salmon, gluten free