Chai latte overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead healthy breakfast. They’re filled with warming spices and nutritious ingredients like chia seeds and Greek yogurt. Prep a batch today for a delicious and satisfying breakfast tomorrow morning!
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, spices, and salt in a large jar or glass airtight container. Stir together.
- Add the almond milk, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir very well until everything is well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, portion into two servings and add your toppings of choice.
Storage: You can prepare overnight oats up to five days in advance of when you plan to eat them. I recommend waiting until you are ready to eat them to add your toppings to ensure the toppings are fresh and don’t lose taste or texture.
Also, note that the longer overnight oats sit in the fridge, the softer they will get. This is because the oats continue to soak up the liquid ingredients and start to break down into a softer texture.
Can you warm up overnight oats? Overnight oats are meant to be enjoyed cold right from the fridge. However, you can definitely heat them up if you much prefer a warm breakfast. To heat them up, just portion into a microwave safe bowl and pop in the microwave. Then, add your toppings to the warm overnight oats.
Ingredient and dietary restriction substitution suggestions
- Make it vegan. Use plant-based yogurt in place of Greek yogurt, and use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Make it nut free simply by eliminating the pistachio topping. You can use pepitas in their place.
- I prefer old fashioned rolled oats for overnight oats, but you can also use quick oats. Do not use steel cut oats, because they will not soak up the liquids enough.
- Add even more protein by stirring in a scoop of your favorite protein powder or 1-2 tablespoons of hemp seeds.
Keywords: chai latte overnight oats, protein packed overnight oats, overnight oats with chia seeds, overnight oats with Greek yogurt