This heavenly carrot cake baked oatmeal is such a treat for a crisp fall morning! It’s full of warming spices, walnuts, and golden raisins.
- 1 flax egg
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10×10 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flaxmeal and warm water together to make a flax egg.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, lemon zest, applesauce, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Add grated carrots, oats, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until evenly combined.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until center is slightly squishy and edges are just starting to brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then slice into 6 rectangles.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Keywords: carrot cake baked oatmeal, vegan, gluten free, healthy breakfast, baked oatmeal