This cadillac mezcal margarita is made with top-shelf Grand Mariner, smoky mezcal, and fresh lime juice. Topped off with bubbly club soda, it’s the most refreshing cocktail that everybody will love. Quick & easy to make in just about five minutes.
- 1/3 cup Kosher salt, for salting the glasses rims (optional)
- 4 cups of ice, divided
- 4 ounces mezcal
- 2 ounces Grand Mariner
- Juice of 2–3 limes
- 4 ounces club soda
- Salt the rim of two rocks glasses (instructions in notes). Fill each with ice. Set aside.
- Add about 2 cups of ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour mezcal, Grand Mariner, lime juice, and club soda into the shaker.
- Close and shake, or use a cocktail spoon to mix everything up very well.
- Strain the margaritas into the two prepared glasses.
- Garnish with lime slices if desired.
How to salt the rim of a glass for margaritas
- Chill glasses in the fridge for at least ten minutes.
- Pour Kosher salt into a shallow dish or plate in an even layer.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge, then rub a freshly cut lime wedge around the rim.
- Twist the glass rim in the salt a few times so it sticks to the lime juice.
- Add your ice and margarita and enjoy!
Keywords: mezcal margarita, cadillac margarita, what is mezcal, what does mezcal taste like