A lettuce-free salad that still packs a nutritional punch, thanks to broccoli. Paired with the best peanut dressing, this salad is addicting!
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1–2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp mauka honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli by boiling for 2 minutes, then immediately drain plunge it into an ice bath.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add edamame and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk together all peanut dressing ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Use a clean dish towel to dry broccoli as much as possible.
- Mix together broccoli, edamame, scallions, dried cherries and sesame seeds. Add 2/3 of the peanut dressing and toss to coat evenly (save remaining dressing for another dish).