These fresh papaya boats filled with Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola are a nutritious, quick, and easy breakfast. They’re packed with protein and fiber to keep you full for hours and take just a few minutes to prepare!
- 2 small or 1 large ripe papaya
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup fresh fruit of choice: I used strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cut papaya in half the long way.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Evenly divide the Greek yogurt between the papaya halves, spooning it into the papaya “bowl”.
- Add an equal amount of granola and fresh fruit to top each papaya half.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
How to tell when papaya is ripe
A ripe papaya will have skin that is turning from green to yellow. The papaya will also be soft to the touch when you press your finger into it.
Papaya tip: speed up papaya ripening by putting it into a brown paper bag with a ripe banana. The banana will naturally release ethylene gas, which speeds up the ripening process.
Keywords: papaya bowls, papaya boats, papaya for breakfast