Berry Banana Stovetop Oatmeal
This easy berry banana stovetop oatmeal recipe is a healthy and delicious breakfast option. Made with old fashioned oats, it’s ready to eat in just about 10 minutes.
- Author: Alex Aldeborgh
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: serves 2 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings of choice, such as peanut butter, berries, and hemp seeds.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the oats and chia seeds, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook the oats, stirring frequently.
- Once the oats are about halfway done cooking, add the frozen berries, banana, and cinnamon. Stir to combine everything.
- Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until oatmeal is thick and creamy.
- Portion into two bowls and add your toppings.
Keywords: stovetop oatmeal recipe, berry banana oatmeal, easy stovetop oatmeal