Beet Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash, Kale, and Pecans (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This beet quinoa salad is the perfect healthy lunch recipe to make ahead for the week. It’s loaded with nutrients, flavor, and texture – everyone will love it!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 generously 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 2 cups of squash)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cups beets, diced small (1 full package of pre-cooked beets)
- 4 leaves curly kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 410F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, cinnamon, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until fork tender, flipping once halfway through.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Toast pecans in a small skillet on medium heat. Toss the pan occasionally to prevent nuts from burning. Nuts will be done when fragrant and deeper brown in color – about 5 minutes.
- Prepare and chop the beets and kale.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar, close the jar, and shake vigorously to make the dressing.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss everything well to combine. Enjoy!
- Recipe keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- See blog post for substitution suggestions.
Keywords: beet quinoa salad, vegan, gluten free