This beet quinoa salad is the perfect healthy lunch recipe to make ahead for the week. It’s loaded with nutrients, flavor, and texture – everyone will love it!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 2 cups of squash)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 cups beets, diced small (1 full package of pre-cooked beets)
- 4 leaves curly kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 410F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, cinnamon, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until fork tender, flipping once halfway through.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Toast pecans in a small skillet on medium heat. Toss the pan occasionally to prevent nuts from burning. Nuts will be done when fragrant and deeper brown in color – about 5 minutes.
- Prepare and chop the beets and kale.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar, close the jar, and shake vigorously to make the dressing.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss everything well to combine. Enjoy!
- Recipe keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- See blog post for substitution suggestions.
Keywords: beet quinoa salad, vegan, gluten free