Banana Bread Chickpea Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
You’ll never guess that these banana bread chickpea bars are made with chickpeas! They’re incredibly smooth, fudgy, and couldn’t be easier to make.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: dessert
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1 15 oz can sodium free chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes until super creamy, with no chunks visible of chickpeas or oats. You may need to stop and scrape down the edges a few times.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Baked for 33-35 minutes, until edges are beginning to peel away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then slice into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: banana bread chickpea bars, vegan, gluten free