This baked goat cheese spinach artichoke pasta is loaded with delicious flavor and nutritious vegetables. An easy weeknight win, as it’s ready in just about 30 minutes.
- 1 leek, sliced and cleaned, dark green parts discarded
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 oz log of goat cheese
- 4 packed cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 oz whole wheat rotini pasta (about 3 cups dry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the leeks, artichoke hearts, garlic, and parsley in a ceramic baking dish (I used 11 x 7 inch). Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Mix it up to combine.
- Nestle the goat cheese log in the center of the vegetables. Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until goat cheese is soft and creamy and vegetables are fork tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in well salted water during the last 10-15 minutes of baking. Drain and reserve a little pasta water with a measuring cup.
- Remove the vegetables and goat cheese from the oven and stir everything up right away.
- Add the spinach and the warm pasta with a splash of pasta water, and toss everything well with two spoons to coat the noodles. The hot vegetables and warm pasta will help wilt the spinach.
- Serve right away, with freshly cracked pepper if desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: healthy pasta recipes, vegetarian pasta recipes, goat cheese baked pasta, spinach artichoke pasta