This horiatiki salad is an authentic Greek dish that you won’t ever want to stop eating! Made with the freshest summer vegetables, olives, and feta cheese, this recipe is simple but so impressive.
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, half peeled and sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3–4 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 thick slices of block feta cheese packed in brine
- Combine all the chopped vegetables and the olives in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a generous shake of salt and oregano. Toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle in the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss again to coat.
- Transfer salad to a shallow serving bowl. Top with sliced feta cheese in the center of the salad. Drizzle with a little more olive oil + another shake of dried oregano.
- Serve immediately.
- Best eaten right out of the shallow serving bowl.
- Try to get a few chunks of vegetgables + a salty/tangy bit in each bite (feta cheese, an olive, or onion).
Keywords: horiatiki salad, gluten free