Asian Cucumber Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Warmer temperatures call for no cook recipes to avoid turning on the oven! This asian-inspired cucumber salad is a crisp, cool, and delicious side dish that will take you less than 20 minutes to make.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- 1 large cucumber, sliced as thin as possible
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled and grated or minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1 tsp chili paste (add more if you like spicy)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 fresno chili, sliced
- Place sliced cucumbers and green onions in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, tamari, and chili paste until combined.
- Toss cucumbers and scallions in the dressing until well coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresno chili to serve.
Will keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Keywords: asian cucumber salad, cucumber salad, vegan, gluten free