Say hello to your new favorite breakfast treat – this apple cinnamon overnight sourdough French toast bake! It’s easy to make and everyone will love it.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 Fuji apples, diced
- 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tbsp apple pie spice
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Place bread chunks in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss apples with 1/2 tbsp cinnamon and apple pie spice. Add to the bread bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and remaining cinnamon to eggs. Whisk together to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and apples. Mix together to evenly coat each piece.
- Cover the bowl and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake in the morning: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with coconut oil spray.
- Pour bread and apple mixture into the baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is starting to crisp and brown.
- Slice and serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.
Keywords: sourdough french toast bake, french toast