These apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups are the best healthy make-ahead breakfast or snack! They’re lightly sweetened, soft and chewy, and filled with apple cinnamon flavor in every bite.
- 2 flax eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced 1/4 inch small (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan with oil or line with paper/reusable liners.
- Whisk together flax meal and warm water in a small bowl to prepare the flax eggs. Set aside until a gel-like consistency forms.
- Add flax egg mixture to a large mixing bowl, along with applesauce, maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the apple pieces.
- Fill each muffin cup fully, 1/3 – 1/2 cup of batter in each. You should have enough for 12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are starting to brown and a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool slightly, then run a butterknife around the edge of each oatmeal cup to loosen them from the pan.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge!
- Keeps well in an airtight container stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: baked oatmeal cups, apple cinnamon, breakfast, vegan, gluten free