Almond Butter Zucchini Bread
This zucchini bread is a more nutritious version of your favorite summertime baked treat. It’s filled with whole grain flour, almond butter, and one whole zucchini!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: baking
- 1 medium-large zucchini, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Plant Protein Milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini and use a clean tea towel to squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and apple pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond butter, plant protein milk, maple syrup, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini, then chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Almond butter can be replaced with other types of nut butter, but the flavor may be slightly altered.
Keywords: zucchini bread, healthy zucchini bread, whole grain