Addicting Lemon Parmesan Broccoli (Gluten Free)
Everyone will love this lemon parmesan broccoli recipe! It will be your new, super addicting side dish to serve with any meal.
My favorite way to prepare broccoli is to roast it with just salt, pepper, and olive oil. But adding lemon and parmesan cheese elevates it to a whole different level!
This side dish reminds me of something that would be on the menu of your favorite New American restaurant. Even though the main ingredient is broccoli, it feels more unique and fancier than a simple plate of roasted vegetables.
How to make lemon parmesan broccoli
This recipe really couldn’t be easier. It will look so impressive when you serve it to your family and friends with the freshly grated parmesan and lemon wedges.
- Roast broccoli on a sheet pan
- Make the lemon dressing
- Toss the roasted broccoli in the lemon dressing
- Plate your broccoli, and top generously with freshly grated parmesan
Tips for making this recipe
- Use freshly grated, high quality parmesan cheese. Because this recipe is so simple, the quality of ingredients is important to let the flavors shine. Purchase a fresh hunk of parmesan cheese and grate it yourself right before serving instead of using pre-grated packaged cheese.
- Roast broccoli right on the baking pan. I recommend skipping the parchment paper or aluminum foil lining when roasting your broccoli. I find it gets crispier when I put it directly on the pan. Plus, less waste!
- Choose broccoli with long stems. If you can find a head of broccoli with long stems, grab that one at the store. I like to keep as much of the stem on as possible because it adds a contrasting texture to the dish.
If you love this recipe, you may also like
- Pesto Cauliflower
- Broccoli Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
- Curry Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins and Parsley
- Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower
Everyone will love this lemon parmesan broccoli recipe! It will be your new super addicting side dish to serve with any meal.
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced into half moons
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss broccoli florets in olive oil, a generous shake of salt and pepper, garlic powder, and lemon zest.
- Spread broccoli in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Top with slices of lemon.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until broccoli is nicely browned and crispy.
- While the broccoli roasts, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and honey until combined. Add shallots and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Continue whisking until dressing is cohesive.
- Remove lemon slices from the baking dish. Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl and pour on the dressing. Toss thoroughly so each piece is coated.
- Plate the broccoli and sprinkle on the freshly grated parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper.
- Garnish with the roasted lemon slices, if desired.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: lemon parmesan broccoli, gluten free, side dish
Save this recipe for later to one of your Pinterest boards
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which help keep Daisybeet running. I truly love all the brands I link to, and use them frequently in my daily life!