Hi! I'm Alex, a Registered Dietitian living in Boston, Massachusetts.
I started my Instagram account @daisybeet as a creative outlet to showcase that healthy eating can be simple, affordable, and delicious. Since then, my work has been featured on various media channels, including Whole Foods, Cooking Light, the Feed Feed, Women’s Health, Kayla Itsines, and more! There is so much misinformation about nutrition out there today, and I want to contribute science and evidenced based recipes. I’ll also be sharing nutrition information blog posts, breaking down what the research says about hot topics in nutrition.
What you'll find here:
- In-depth "RD-Approved" recipes that include some simple nutritional breakdown, so you know WHY the products you are using are good for you.
- Simple tips and tricks to help you lead a healthy lifestyle, such as: grocery shopping lists, meal prep 101, and workout suggestions.
- Nutrition information regarding the latest hot topics in nutrition.
- Highlights of products I love to use in my kitchen that contribute to a balanced diet.
- Information about taking the Registered Dietitian career path: what's involved, how to get a dietetic internship, and all the in-betweens.
What you WON'T find:
- Recipes using trendy products, unless they meet my "RD Approved" criteria.
- Nutrition misinformation. I want to break down the new and latest research for you!
- Posts that all follow a strict paleo/vegan/gluten-free lifestyle. While I choose a pescatarian lifestyle for myself, I believe that all foods fit into a healthy diet, and want to highlight this by including a variety of ingredients in my recipes.
The best part of starting Daisybeet is by FAR the connections I have made with likeminded people, and the friendships I have formed with others. I can't wait to connect even more with you all! Feel free to reach out if you have any suggestions for content you would like to see here.
If you try my recipes, please tag #Daisybeet on social media so I can see your beautiful creations!