Upgrade your usual avocado toast by adding cottage cheese for a boost of protein! This avocado cottage cheese toast is a healthy and tasty breakfast or lunch recipe. It’s packed with filling protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Plus, it’s ready to eat in about five minutes!
- 2 pieces whole wheat sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled and sliced thinly
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Toast the bread in your toaster to desired doneness.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in a layer onto each piece of toast.
- Top the cottage cheese with avocado slices.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top of the avocado slices, and sprinkle with chopped dill, red pepper flakes, and sea salt flakes.
Kitchen equipment needed
You need a toaster, a good knife, and a cutting board. If you don’t have a toaster, you can toast your bread in the oven or on the stovetop.
Keywords: cottage cheese avocado toast, cottage cheese and avocado toast