This marinated feta cheese is a simple appetizer perfect for any gathering. Creamy feta cheese is marinated in extra virgin olive oil with fresh rosemary, peppercorns, oregano, lemon zest, and a touch of crushed red pepper. Easy to make in five minutes, and delicious served with toasted bread!
- 1/2 cup feta cheese in brine
- 3–4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup olive oil (may need a bit more if you use a bigger jar)
- Cut the feta into cubes, 1/2 – 1 inch in size.
- Put the feta cheese into a 8 or 12 ounce jar.
- Add the rosemary to the jar.
- Add the peppercorns, oregano, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest to the jar.
- Pour the olive oil into the jar to the top, so that everything is covered.
- Close the jar and ideally let it marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
How to serve marinated feta cheese
Serve this appetizer right in the jar with a cheese knife for scooping. Spread it onto toasted baguette or crackers.
Can I prepare this recipe in advance?
Yes! This recipe is easily prepared ahead of time. Just stick it in the fridge for up to two weeks before serving.
If you made this recipe ahead of time and it has been sitting in the fridge, the olive oil may harden. Let the jar sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes so it returns to a liquid state. You can also run the jar under warm water to speed up the process.
Keywords: marinated feta cheese, marinated feta in olive oil, simple appetizer, quick and easy appetizer